Agile Trainer, Consultant and Mindfulness Coach, mind at work consulting, Australia
With a background in software development, Kathy is a business analyst/consultant with over 25 years of experience in I.T. working with teams deliver software and process improvements for organisations both large and small. As a mindfulness practitioner, Kathy is passionate about seeing people, teams and organisations succeed and thrive within an environment of collaboration and harmony. Kathy works with teams to help them learn the skills needed to implement mindfulness to achieve benefits at an individual level, as well as at team level, leading to more valuable business outcomes. In addition, Kathy has worked in a number of agile teams over the past 10 years, and also delivers agile training courses and consulting.
EFFECTIVE PRODUCT OWNERSHIP – APPLYING MINDFULNESS TO INNOVATE
Is this you?
• Striving to create innovative products in a competitive market, where disruption and volatility are the norm?
• Trying to not only meet your customers’ expectations but exceed them, while their demands constantly change?
• Juggling being a product owner, product manager and analyst across multiple teams?
This workshop will help you focus on real customer needs, to truly empathise with your customers and deliver innovative products and services that they love, through mindfulness. Using mindfulness, you will learn how to really understand your customers’ needs, collaborate more effectively, and think more clearly, resulting in more valuable solution outcomes. You will gain practical experience and understanding of why mindfulness is the essential skill for effective product ownership.
This workshop is for:
• Product owners
• Project and product managers
• Consultants who play the product owner role
• Business Analysts who “fill in” for the product owner
• The Product Ownership role and common issued faced.
• Introduction to mindfulness and the scientific research on the benefits of mindfulness.
• Applying mindfulness to product ownership.
• Implementing mindfulness to collaborate more effectively.
• Using mindfulness to develop better ways of thinking, improved creativity and problem solving.
• How to apply mindfulness in our day-to-day work.
• Practical ecises to learn mindfulness techniques and develop mindfulness practice.
• Identify why mindfulness is so important for creativity and innovation.
• Better empathise with your customers to deliver more valuable solutions.
• Enhanced collaboration with your customers, teams and stakeholders.
• Apply mindfulness to your daily work to deliver better outcomes, as well as realise the many benefits to you.
What is agile? Agile is a mindset; a mindset of collaboration, flexibility, openness and trust focused on delivering value, minimising waste in an environment of constant and rapid change.
What is mindfulness? Mindfulness is the quality or state of being fully conscious or aware. So for individuals and teams to develop the agile mindset and work well in a collaborative, agile manner, mindfulness is required.
Mindful agile is the perfect combination of the agile mindset and mindfulness. This interactive presentation will discuss how mindful agile allows organisations and teams to build an agile culture that truly embodies the agile values and principles, and ‚be‘ agile, not just ‚do‘ agile. Participants will have an opportunity to try mindfulness for themselves to gain practical experience and understanding of why mindfulness is the secret ingredient for effective agile adoption.