Software Engineering Manager, Adobe Analytics, Romania
Raluca Bejan is an Engineering Manager at adobe.com. With a software development background, she has more than 10 years experience in Agile and Scrum in various software projects. She is an active member of the Scrum community and is focused on creating successful teams with strong skills in self-organization and cross-functionality and a drive for continuous improvement. The support she offers to the Product Owners consists, but it is not limited to, prioritizing easier, communicating better with the stakeholders and maximizing the value of the product.
WHY IS THE SPRINT GOAL SO IMPORTANT?
Description of the presentation: by participating in this session, the audience will understand what a Sprint Goal is and how it can be useful to them. I understood early in my work how important is for a team to be focused and more important, aligned perfectly with the Product Owner’s priorities. The problem is that you can’t keep a team focused or in sync only by giving them a long list of user stories to work on. It will be pretty hard to remember all of them after a day or two, not to talk about “why” do they need to build them. Would be way better, in order to keep the focus, to make them understand the idea behind their work. This is when the Sprint Goal comes into discussion.
Sprint Goal is important because:
- Helps the Product Owner and the team to commit to something valuable for the client(s).
- Helps Development Team understand that they have flexibility regarding the functionality implemented.
- Product Owner and Development Team have a common understanding about the work they share.
- Product Owner will prioritize easier.
- Product Owner will know who to invite to inspect the product.
- Product Owner will communicate better with the stakeholders.
- Helps the Product Owner to integrate the feedback.